Tips on choosing the right HVAC unit for a new Atlanta area home
If you’re building a new home in Atlanta, one question on your mind is probably what type of HVAC system you should choose for your new house, which can be a tough question to answer. This article will give you some of the most important things to consider.
1. Don’t just focus on the initial cost of installation. Instead, it’s important to also consider the cost of operating the system over time. For example, electric heating units are quite cheap to install, but you’ll end up paying more over time.
2. Gas Furnace does tend to be quite efficient, and these units often have an efficiency rate as high as 95 percent.
3. Summers tend to be extremely hot and humid in the Atlanta area, and that means it’s generally best to get a single-stage or two stage cooling system.
4. Winters are relatively mild, which means that you might not need two-stage heating.
5. Getting a built-in dehumidifier is usually a good choice for people in the Atlanta area due to the high levels of humidity during the summer. These systems can keep your humidity levels at a comfortable 50 percent.
6. Due to the intense heat and humidity of Atlanta-area summers, you’ll want to make sure that the efficiency of your cooling system is at least 14 on the seasonal energy efficiency rating. It’s even possible to get systems that are as efficient as a 16 on this scale, which will keep you cool and comfortable even more effectively.
7. Outdated HVAC units are often much less efficient than modern ones, which means that it’s often a good idea to get it replaced. While the initial cost is off-putting to many homeowners, you’ll often save money in the long-run. This is especially true for people who buy a home with an oil boiler or burner that’s outdated.
We can keep your new HVAC system and air ducts properly maintained!
In order to make sure that you have an HVAC system that’s working at maximum efficiency, keeping it well-maintained and cleaned is crucial. If you live in the Atlanta region (including metro area, such as Alpharetta, Marietta, Roswell, Cumming, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs and Buckhead GA), the best company to choose is Atlanta Air Experts. So, give us a call and schedule your routine HVAC cleaning and air duct cleaning, which will save you money by improving the efficiency of your HVAC unit!